SAP ASE DBA Course – Join Now
SAP ASE DBA-Introduction to Adaptive Server Enterprise – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Introducing SAP ASE DBA
- Learn about Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 and Adaptive Server Databases.
- What are your responsibilities as System Administrator.
Installing Servers – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Learn about downloading ASE Software.
- Installing Adaptive Server on Linux
- Take a look at ASE Directory Structure on a Linux.
- How to Start and Stop ASE Servers.
Establishing Connectivity – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- What are the interfaces file and what is windows sql.ini file.
- Maintaining the interfaces files on Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Introduction to LDAP directory services.
- Practicing Working with databases.
Configuring Server Behavior – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- What are Configuration Values for ASE?
- Viewing and Modifying Configuration values
- Managing Multiple Configuration files
- Practicing Database configuration Parameters
Configuring Memory – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- What are Components of Memory in ASE.
- Learn about Allocation of Memory in SAP ASE
- Major uses of Memory for an Adaptive Server.
- Estimating Initial Configuration Values
Initializing and Using Devices – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Creating and Dropping Devices for ASE
- What are Default Devices? How to Mirror Devices
Creating and Using Databases
- Sizing and Creating Databases
- Setting Ownership and options for a Database in an SAP
- Expanding Databases
- Lab: Create database, Drop database ,Start database and Stop database
Suggested Disk Resource Strategies
- Resource Allocation for System Databases and User Databases
- Monitoring Space Usage
- Practicing Adding and Modify Devices or data files in Databases
Auto Expansion – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Overview of Auto Database Expansion
- Installing Auto Expansion of Databases on Sybase ASE
- Managing Auto Expansion using sp_dbextend
Managing tempdb – Watch Video
- Review of System tempdb
- Installing multiple tempdbs
- Binding Database Objects to a tempdb in a Sybase ASE
- Managing tempdbs – Precedence
- Troubleshooting and Recommendations
Administering System Roles and Logins – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Overview of Access Concept.
- Define System Roles and Logins.
- What is Proxy Authorization
Managing Database Access and Users – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Database Owners and Users
- Object Creation Permissions
- Lab : Create user, Drop user and Manage user permissions
Implementing Object Permissions, Groups and Roles – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Object Permissions in SAP ASE
- Creating and Managing Groups in SAP ASE
- Overview of User-defined Roles
- Implementing User-defined Roles
Using Bulk Copy Utility on Sybase – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Copying Definitions
- Bulk Copy Overview and Syntax
Overview of Automatic Recovery – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Overview of Automatic Recovery
- Recording Modifications
- Recovering Modifications after a Shutdown
- What are Checkpoints?
- Manage Recovery Order while recovering a Database
Checking and Fixing Database Consistency – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Overview of dbcc Command
- Checking Page Linage and Page Allocation
- Setting up the dbccdb Database
- Using dbcc checkstorage
Planning for a Database Backup – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Backup Basics and Backup Server
- Truncating the Transaction Log
- Developing a Backup Plan
Performing a Backup of SAP ASE Database – Watch Video Recording of Lecture
- Making Backup Servers known to Adaptive Server
- Dumping and Loading Databases on SAP ASE 16.0
- Dumping and Loading Transaction Logs on Sybase ASE
- Practicing a Database Backup
Practicing Advanced Backup Techniques – Lecture Recording
- What are Thresholds?
- Working with Transaction Log Recovery and Database Recovery
- Rebuilding the master Database
- Practicing Restore backups into database
Sybase Control Center – Lecture Recording
- What is Sybase Control Center?
- Learn the Installation of Sybase Control Center and Sybase Cockpit
- Perforning Administration Tasks using Sybase Control Center.
- What is Job Scheduler and How it Works
- Interactive SQL
Monitoring the Sybase ASE Server- Lecture Recording
- Monitoring Errors, Processes, Licenses and System Performance
- Practicing Applying Patches, patch set and Database upgrade
Introduction to Sybase ASE Replication
- Why Replicate Data?
- What are the advantages of Data Replication for SAP ASE.
- Data Replication and Failover Methods
- What is an ID Server
- Understanding Replication System Domain and Server Threads.