AWS Technical Essentials Training Course OverviewAWS Technical Essentials training course at The Skill Pedia aims to familiarize participants with AWS platform terminology, concepts and common solutions of Amazon Web Services. This AWS training will demonstrate the AWS management console navigation, AWS security measures and storage options. We shall also explore various AWS components from a cost perspective. Furthermore, we shall discuss design considerations for scalability, high availability, and security. Finally, we shall review deploying to production and monitoring.
Target Audience for AWS Technical Essentials Training.This course is for any professional who want to start career in AWS. Also, this course is for anyone who will be responsible for explaining the AWS services to customer. Furthermore, the AWS Technical Essentials Course is the pre-requisite for next level courses for Developers, Solution Architects and SysOps administrators.
PrerequisitesCandidates interested in this course should have past experience with system administration, server management and general database management.
Outcome of AWS Technical Essentials Training:
- Identify and understand terminology and concepts related to AWS platform. Navigate and recognize the AWS Management Console components.
- Understand the foundational services, like Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Know the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Get awareness about AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
Certification OptionsThis course is the prerequisite for the AWS Architecting, AWS Development, and AWS Systems Operations classes. Along with any of those classes, a candidate will have a strong foundation in preparation for AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Associate, the AWS Certified Developer—Associate, or the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator—Associate Certifications.
1. Understanding Basics of Cloud
- Introduction to cloud computing.
- Public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Cloud service models – PaaS, IaaS and SaaS
- Setting up an AWS account
- The AWS management console
2. Designing Cloud Applications – An Architect's Perspective
- Multi-tier architecture
- Designing for multi-tenancy
- Designing for scale
- Automating infrastructure
- Designing for failure, parallel processing and performance
- Designing for eventual consistency
- Estimating your cloud computing costs
- A typical e-commerce web application
- Setting up our development environment
3. AWS Components, Cost Model, and Application Development Environments
- AWS components
- Optimizing cloud infrastructure costs
- Application development environments
- Setting up the AWS infrastructure
4. Designing For and Implementing Scalability
- Defining scalability objectives
- Designing scalable application architectures
- Leveraging AWS infrastructure services for scalability
- Setting up auto scaling
5. Designing For And Implementing High Availability
- Defining availability objectives
- The nature of failures
- Using AWS for disaster recovery
- Setting up high availability
6. Designing and Implementing Security
- Defining security objectives
- Understanding security responsibilities
- Best practices in implementing AWS security
- Setting up security
7. Deploying To Production and Going Live
- Managing infrastructure, deployments, and support at scale
- Using CloudWatch for monitoring
- Using AWS solutions for backup and archiving
- Planning for production go-live activities
- Setting up for production